My youngest has to have surgery to open her blocked tear duct! She's had the blocked duct since she was born and since she's 14-months old now, I guess they have decided that it isn't going to go away on its own. I'm not too nervous about it. I know they perform this op all the time on little kids. However, the doctor said that they did have to put her asleep though....kinda nervous about that. We go in for presurgical testing in a few weeks. Guess I better get a babysitter on speed dial for the next few weeks. Do you think I could send a sign-up sheet around Relief Society?
7 comments:
Oh, poor little sweetie! I hope it goes well. Will you not know exactly when the surgery will be? Because maybe I could come up if there was enough of a head's up (so I could take the vacation time, etc.).
Yes, definitely send a sign-up sheet in RS. It's a bit scary to see them get put under, me and hubby cried and cried.
She goes in for pretesting on Feb 6, and then the surgery is on the 11th.
I cried and cried when
Todd's eyes got "unplugged", he was only 9 months and wasn't put to sleep. They made me leave the room... but he turned out just fine. Keep telling yourself that once it's done, then you won't have the watery eyes all the time and people asking you if she's been crying,etc. It will all be fine. We'll remember her in our prayers. Wish we could be there. Let us know how it goes.
I think I'd be a little nervous about that too. I would definitely send a sign up sheet around! I think they would be more than willing to help out!
Yeah, I was gonna say, I thought Todd had to have that.
Nancy I just had a brilliant idea. You need to become that woman in RS. You know, the one that people feel sorry for and are forever dropping of meals, casseroles, cookies, all assortments of baked goods for no reason. You know the kind I'm talking about. You need to become her Nancy!
Molly, you have me rolling on the floor in laughter!!! I wasn't really serious about the sign-up sheet...I thought that would be a funny joke. I'll only need someone for the times that I have to have Regan at the hospital. I can handle meals and such. Stef, I am really looking forward to no more questions about her "crying" and "sleepy" looks. Oh! And no more people thinking she has pink eye! YES!!
Post a Comment