Friday, January 9, 2009

A Piece of What?

My kids are driving me crazy today....I mean, really crazy. So, after listening to screaming and fighting and crying for hours on end I finally told my 4-year old daughter this evening that I needed some "peace and...." and before I could finish my phrase she said, "A piece of what Mommy?" I, gritting my teeth, said again, "I need some peace and quiet."

"Ohhhhh, a piece of quiet," came her reply. And then whispering, "Here's a piece of quiet for you Mommy." And then it was off to do mayhem again. I laughed and shook my head. Covering my eyes, I realized that it was better just to except the craziness then to try to fight it.

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Ha ha ha!!! And I'm sorry, too!

mindy said...

How sweet. Yes, supposedly they say that someday, we will miss the chaos and mahem of little children...who are THEY and when can I expect the quiet peacefulness to begin???

Micaela said...

:) During Pres. Monson's talk about how we should cherish "these" moments, I was shut in the mother's room at church with all three kids screaming at me and me thinking why I even bothered trying to take them to the church... Hang in there! I hope you were able to get "a piece of quiet" this weekend.