As a mother of 3 little kids, I'm in a constant state of embarrassment. Today I had to take one of my kids to the opthamologist (and of course, we ALL had to go). Jesse hasn't learned that he shouldn't pick his nose, especially in public. So, sitting in the dilation area, I tried to quietly tell him to stop picking his nose, to which he turned around, and, in front of 7 other people said, "
I don't need any help picking my boogers, Mommy. I'm old enough to do it all by myself!" I was mortified.....Would everyone believe that I'd been picking his nose up to this point and that now he was exerting his independence from parental picking? Oh, when does the humiliation end? Do your kids really EVER stop embarrassing you?
6 comments:
Ha, ha!! They probably will stop embarrassing you around the time that they start to get embarrassed by YOU!
No, it will never end. I still try to embarrass mom at every available opportunity. It's fun. When they are as little as Jesse, it's cute. When you're as old as me, people assume mom just didn't teach me anything. It's a win/win situation!
It's true---the embarrassment will never end. That's why we as mom's have to get whatever enjoyment we can embarrassing our kids as teenagers...And Nancy---it's okay if you pick your kids noses, we still love you:)
Your kids have to be the funniest kids on the face of the earth!! And they are so cute... BTW- my husband embarrasses me more than my kids do! ha
That is so funny!! I like Molly's comment that made me laugh too!!!
That's pretty funny! I don't think it ever will end. It's nice to write these kinds of things down, though, so when the kids are embarrassed by you you can tell them about that time they embarrassed you... :)
Post a Comment