Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Travel Plans

After all that hassle we went through with the probe and irrigation surgery for Regan's eye, she still has a problem. It didn't take, so the Opthamologist is going to see her back in about a week and then if it's still bad (I'm sure it will be) they're going to insert a tube in her eye. Her pediatrician only knows of one other child that she has seen who has had one. The surgery is 95% effective, but wouldn't you know? My child had to be the other 5%. So, another surgery is coming up in our future. Thank goodness I've found someone wonderful to watch the kids while I have to be at the hospital. They'd rather go play at that place then be home at anytime. Should I feel offended? :)

I've made plans to visit my hubbie in Utah next month. I'm splitting the babysitting between 2 of my siblings. They are so wonderful to be doing this for me!!! They each agreed so quickly and excitedly. I hate asking others to watch my kids because I feel so guilty, but my kids (at least the older 2) can talk of nothing else...."Are we going to Uncle Bub and Aunt Mindy's house now?" I hear that every time we get in the car. Aurora's already talking about the cats too. She mentioned that there's the good one and the bad one and Jesse shouldn't be pulling tails.....on and on. So, I'll have no problems leaving them in Bub and Mindy's capable hands.

I worry most about Regan, though, because she's really bad with strangers. So I'm leaving her with my other sister who can devote all her efforts to winning Regan over. Regan is so sweet when she's comfortable with you. She likes to cuddle and hug and laugh and play. But, get her near a stranger and she becomes a nightmare. I'll definitely worry about her the first few days and then I'll be ok. Stefanie will have lots of fun, hopefully, with her. Thanks again both of you guys for agreeing to help me out!!

Andrew and I have some fun things planned already. I know I want to go to the BYU Campus to see how everything's changed. It's been 8 years since I was last there and I can't wait to see all the improvements. We've also got tickets to a Utah Symphony performance! I'm so excited! Hopefully Andrew won't fall asleep. I know he's going because I love it....He's such a trooper. We're planning on attending Music and the Spoken Word on Sunday morning. That will be so cool! I also have a GREAT surprise for Andrew but I can't spoil it and mention it yet. I will post all about it after I get back. I'm counting the days.....

Oh, by the way, Aurora told the Assistant Manager at the grocery store today that he "missed the party!" HA! What a girl!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog through a friend. Your kids are so cute! It sounds like a fun trip to visit your husband! Hopefully your house will sell soon. One thought I don't know if you've considered, but babies travel free as lap children. If you feel she would do better with you and her Daddy you could always take her along for free. :) Either way I hope you have a wonderful time and I'm sure your little ones will have a great time with their aunts.

Elizabeth

mindy said...

We can't wait for them to come. I've started a "Things to do" list...and yesterday began looking for different craft projects to try to keep us busy. I figure they might get bored if we hang out at McDonald's playland EVERY day...but that's my back up plan:) I wonder which cat is the good cat???

Nancy said...

All I know is the "bad one" is the black one....but I thought your's was more gray than black, but that's just what Aurora told me.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that Regan has to go through something else!! I wish that it was over for her.
When are you going to Utah? You know.....Rascal Flatts is playing in Salt Lake next week. Ha! Anyway, I'm glad you can go---have fun!!!

Micaela said...

That really stinks about Regan's eye. I hope this next one will take. How nice that you get to visit him! I'm sure you guys will have lots of fun. It will be such a nice time. It was probably the best break I ever had when Mom and Dad took care of the kids for me so I could see Philip in Texas. I'm so excited for you!! :)

M-Z-T said...

Hopefully there will be nice weather out here because you know Utah weather.