Friday, February 6, 2009

I'll Help Clean

We have 2 showings on the house this weekend. I try to start telling the kids about them as soon as possible. I say things like, "Remember we have to keep the house clean," or "Try to pick up your stuff because we have to show the house."

So, when I was putting my 3-year old boy to bed tonight I reminded him again, "When you wake up in the morning try not to make a mess because we have to keep the house clean." He responded, "I can help you clean. I'll use my spit." Trying not to laugh, I said back to him, "Jesse, we don't use spit to clean."

His reply: "This boy does!"

Where does he learn these things? Seriously, I'm going to have to watch him like a hawk tomorrow to make sure he isn't spitting all over the floors and/or the windows. I swear his dad calls him up and makes him say these things..... :)

2 comments:

mindy said...

Haven't you ever heard of "Spit Shine?" If anything looks shiny, you'll know Jesse's been spitting on it...you really can't make up anything that cute---he's a crack-up!!!

Andrew said...

I haven't been around enough to show him how to do it properly. He's just picked up on what he's seen you do.