Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Getting Older

My 4-year old announced to me today that she's getting old. She didn't say it like she was happy. She sounded depressed! I asked her why she thinks she's getting old. She promptly showed me the bottom of her feet and pointed out the dry skin, especially where her toes bend. She said, "Look! I'm getting old!" I couldn't help laughing....I then told her she isn't getting old, her skin is just dry because it's cold outside in the winter. Now she's trying to peel all the dry skin off, informing me that she's going to be young again. Wish I'd thought of that....

5 comments:

mindy said...

She could be on to something. We can all just peel off the old skin and be young again. If only it was that easy, sigh.

ldsjaneite said...

That's kind of gross, and really funny.

Molly said...

Like mother like daughter, eh?

Micaela said...

Man, if only it was that easy to be younger... :) That's pretty funny. Last year Ashelyn thought she was breaking because her skin was drying and flaking off. She was very concerned because she didn't want to break apart. Haha. Kids! So funny!

Anonymous said...

I must be REALLY old!!I bet you have lots of crow's feet with all of the laughter Aurora causes!Ha!