It's my birthday today! I'm one of those fortunate souls who has to share their birthday with a groundhog popping out of a hole to tell the world if it's going to be spring soon or not. How blessed am I, right? But, on an unfortunate note....I've broken into another age group bracket. I'm no longer in the 18-30 age group. I've moved on into that 31-45 age group where wrinkles, gray hair, and "the good 'ole days" are prominent topics of discussion. I feel so old. At least I have little kids to make me "feel" young again. Thank goodness I didn't have kids young. I don't have to turn around (on this auspicious occasion) and see my 12-year-old heading off to school. That would make me feel really old! (Am I laying it on too thick, Mindy? Hee! Hee!)
My kids have been begging me to make a birthday cake today. In their words, you can't have a birthday without a cake. Well, if they want to go in and make it, then that's fine, but I refuse to make my OWN cake and then eat most of it by myself too. So, they improvised....Jesse informed me he was going to play me a "song." Then he proceeded to put his hands down the front of his diaper and wiggled something and called that a song. Kinda like plucking strings, I imagine. Then again, I don't want to imagine. Strange boy! Aurora made an invitation and invited me to my own birthday party. I've yet to see where the party is supposed to be, but evidently I'm to be there "yesterday" (her own words...she confuses yesterday, today, and tomorrow).
All in all....it's been exactly what a 31st birthday is supposed to be....uninspiring!!! But full of laughs!!!!
Christmas 2025!
8 months ago

7 comments:
What's wrong with making your cake and eating it to. I guess that's not quite exactly how it goes...but I can see your point. It would mean so much to the kids, though and you could eat a piece---just for them...I don't know, it's just an idea.:) Happy birthday! I think it's mighty nice of you to share your big day with the groundhog.
I didn't teach him any song like that...I'm glad they're doing something for you. If I made a cake for you I would have to eat it myself, too. Now that you're so old do I call you "my old lady?"
As long as I'm your lady, I don't care what you call me. :) Wish you were here keeping me company and helping me make a cake!!!
Nice, Jesse is taking after his parents, I see.
Oh, and did you actually *tell* Aurora she could make a cake if she wanted it? 'Cause I'm sure she and Jesse would jump at the chance.
Happy Birthday, ya old skank!
Happy Birthday, Nancy! That's pretty sweet that the kids are helping to make your day so entertaining. Not so sure about that song thing, though... ;) Hahaha! Ah, kids. :)
I am the same way about birthday cakes--I'll make them for others. But not myself. It's supposed to be all about ME getting pampered. And I like to see what others would make me! I hope you got to yesterday's party. If it makes you feel any better--I haven't reached that age bracket and I've already got the gray hairs. And the wrinkles are coming. Old and decrepit at 26. It's a shame.
Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment