Friday, September 4, 2009

Super Mom


I survived the first full week of kindergarten!!! YIPEE!!! Okay, so this may not seem like such an accomplishment to all you seasoned mothers out there, but this was big for me. At 31, I'm experiencing the joy of school all over again. Of course, Aurora didn't cry and she didn't fight me when I brushed her hair every morning so it wasn't all that difficult.

Some of the things I did that were great:
1. I was super excited - which helped her be excited, right?
2. I laid out her clothes every morning.
3. I fed her breakfast every morning.
4. We did all her homework every day.
5. I dropped her off at school on time every morning.

Some of the "not so good" things:
1. I was 30 minutes late to pick her up on Monday.
2. I was 30 minutes late to pick her up on Monday.
3. I was 30 minutes late to pick her up on Monday.
4. I was 30 minutes late to pick her up on Monday.
5. I was 30 minutes late to pick her up on Monday.

Why the heck is there an "early out" day on Mondays????? Poor Aurora was sitting in the office when I frantically got there. She looked up at me and said (for all to hear), "Mommy, you forgot me!" Yes, early out Mondays is the worst idea in the world.

8 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Yay You! I think it's a great accomplishment--all of it! I was wondering how her starting up went. The Monday wasn't the first day of school, was it?

mindy said...

Now she will be forever grateful that you remember her on Mondays. I wonder why I never thought of that...It's great that she loves school!

Kristina said...

LOL! I had a similar experience last week. They release school 1 hour early here on Weds (just Weds)....it makes no sense to me. I would have completely forgotten to pick up Ka. until the regular release time if the school hadn't called and left reminder messenges with all the parents.

I'm glad Aurora is enjoying school!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!!! Sorry we are laughing, Nancy. We have that on Wednesdays too. Be sure to write that down in her memory book. She will laugh at it someday. That was a very cute picture!

Rachelle said...

I have to agree with you that is a very dumb idea. your little girl is getting so big! I still remember when you gave birth to her and looking at that picture of her makes me feel kinda old...thanks ;)

M-Z-T said...

Oops, I should have mentioned it. Most schools here either start late on Monday or get out early on Monday. Usually it is for "collaboration" time for the teachers considering the state cut the majority of our Professional Development days, so this helps a bit.

But she looks cute for a Kindi! If you ever need some interactive educational stuff, let me know and I can let you have some great links.

Becca and fam said...

I agree, early out Monday's, that must be one of the worst ideas ever! Ours is early out Wednesday's, which are much easier to remember. Really, Monday's? Love her little Kindergarten photo, how sweet!

Micaela said...

That's a little strange about the early outs. She looks so cute! Is she loving Kindergarten? I bet she's friends with everyone! :)