I feel like we've been enduring the plagues of Egypt since we moved into this house. Maybe everyone feels that way about their homes, especially at the end of summer. First, there was the mice. We've already caught and killed 4....well....the one that Andrew sucked up in the vacuum was de-furred and probably wished it was dead when we released it into the "wild" afterwards. But FOUR? And there might be more. We just don't know, but we walk cautiously around the house at night.
And while we are listening for the scampering of little mice feet, we have now noticed an alarming amount of crickets. Baby crickets, normal crickets, albino crickets (I swear that cricket was white!!!). Every morning Jesse runs screaming into my bedroom, shouting, "AAAHHHHH! There's a bug on the stairs!" The only good thing is that they don't make noises. I would be so perturbed if I had to listen to them too. And most of the time, the crickets are dead and are just lying there. Hmmmm.....wonder if the mice are getting to them?
So, I ask you - What's next? Frogs? Snakes? Spiders? Moles? Please tell me this isn't part of the Last Days, because I just don't want to know if there's more of this to come......
Christmas 2025!
8 months ago

4 comments:
I hate to laugh at your pain, but I can't help giggle at the thought of the poor little mouse who got all his fur sucked off of him...mice are bad enough---but NAKED mice, oh my! HA!
Get a gecko to eat the crickets!
Was that vacuummed mouse on purpose or accident; it sounds hilarious!
I am dying laughing about the little mouse who got defurred by your vacuum. LOL!! Oh, but I do not envy you... We had a cricket infestation last summer (we've had some this summer, but we knew what to do). We got some insecticide for crickets called Home Defense and they all went away. I'm not sure if that will work on already dead crickets, though... Good luck on getting rid of the pests and I hope you don't have anymore!
We've had the same thing with wolf spiders, lately. I saw 10 in a 2 weeks and was really getting a complex. One day I saw 2. They are so big and appear out of no where and begin scampering all over. Yuck.
Sorry about your infestations. It might be the last days. Part of our year's supply must include traps and insecticide, huh???
Post a Comment