Friday, December 12, 2008

Things That Go Bump in the Refrigerator

It's a running joke in the family that I buy green onions and never use them up before they get all "wilty" in the refrigerator. You know what I mean, right? There's always that one thing that you buy at the grocery store (because you forget that you have it already) only to come home and realize that you already had some. And isn't that just great, because you really only needed a little bit of it anyway. Then, the next time you go to the grocery store you pick it up again....and the vicious cycle just starts up all over again. Well, green onions is the culprit in this family. And today I achieved the unthinkable!!!.....I used ALL of my green onions.

Guess it's time to go back to the grocery store.....

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Have you always been that way--or did you pick it up from Mom? :-)

Molly said...

Mine is cottage cheese. I love it, but for some reason, I buy it at the store thinking of how much I like it, come home, eat half of it, then forget it's there..... I end up pulling it out a month later, wondering why I didn't eat it..... Go to the store, and repeat the cycle.

mindy said...

I don't even know where to start except to say, it's time to clean out the fridge again...gee, thanks for reminding me! Anyone feel free to stop by and help:) plastic gloves recommended...