Monday, October 5, 2009

Once in a Lifetime

My sister-in-law posted this picture on her blog, but I wanted to post it here too with a little explanation. Because of Jakob's (Andrew's brother) sweet mother-in-law, Andrew gets to go to some of the BYU football games for free. And because this mother-in-law is the President of the BYU Varsity Club, Andrew gets to "help" with the tailgate party beforehand where he meets all sorts of former players. This, to Andrew, is heaven!! And there's one player that Andrew has always loved more than others, Ty Detmer.....

Ever since he was a young kid, he's followed Ty's career. His favorite number is "14" - Ty's BYU jersey number! So, when he came home a couple weeks ago and said he actually got to meet Ty Detmer, I knew this was a huge experience for him. You can see that by looking at the big smile on his face.....Thanks Melissa for posting this!

5 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

Oh, life-long dreams fulfilled--how cool!

Matthew said...

Now the next step, have a football on hand and play catch with Ty Detmer and then he can sign it.

Anonymous said...

I remember him! He played at BYU when I was there. How fun for Andrew.

Rachelle said...

He does look happy!

M-Z-T said...

No worries! I'll be bringing the camera a bit more this year to catch a few things for my mom so I'm totally up to taking pictures.