Friday, November 6, 2009

You are what you eat!!

I was talking to the kids a few days ago about where the food they eat comes from. Doesn't everybody have this discussion at some time with their kids??? When they have to break the news that the cute cow or pig or chicken the kids have seen are really the source of our foods???? I love shattering my childrens' perceptions..... :)

So, we talked about chicken nuggets coming from chickens......bacon coming from pigs.....steak coming from cows...... They seemed to be okay with all of this. Even excited to find out everything that we eat off of animals. Then there was a moment of silence as they each thought about all the foods that they eat. Afterwards, Jesse turns to me and says, "What kind of meat comes from a Yak?" Priceless!!!

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

He knows what a Yak is?! Are those at the zoo?

That's so cute!

mindy said...

I was going to say the same thing--A YAK! I don't think I knew what a yak was until...well, maybe I still don't know what a yak is! Smart boy!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! He's pretty sharp!