One of the worst things about being a mom is having to clean up all the gross things that my kids produce. Yesterday, it was Regan's turn to gross us all out.....First, it was the gallon of diarrhea that we cleaned off of her and her bedding. Then, she puked all over Andrew (and the floor). Poor little girl!! I felt really bad that she was sick, but who likes to clean up that stuff??? Ok...usually this is about all my kids do when they get sick. Just a day of biting the bullet and cleaning it all up and then the next day is great.
Things were looking really great this morning.....Regan was drinking again and wanting to play. She slept for about 7 hours this afternoon (I was just letting her sleep because that's the best thing, right?). She woke up, still smiling and laughing.......except her bed was a MESS AGAIN!! Hey! This isn't supposed to happen. Ok, I just dug right in and cleaned everything up again. Surely that was the end, I thought.
Yes....I'm naive! I should not have even gotten up this morning.
We decided to all go out to dinner. The people we are staying with had plans tonight so we just thought we'd step out for a bite to eat and then head back home. Well, as we were taking turns filling our plates from the buffet, I decided to hold Regan because she was getting cranky. Next thing I knew, Regan was hurling buckets of vomit all over me. It was literally dripping on the floor on my way to the bathroom. I can't even describe in words how gross the whole thing was. Thank goodness I was wearing 2 shirts and that we had a jacket in the car for Regan to wear. I think I'll be smelling it in my sleep though. Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had.....
Andrew said that he didn't think anyone in the restaurant even noticed. He's so kind, isn't he?
Christmas 2025!
8 months ago

6 comments:
Please don't tell me the buffet was Chuck-a-Rama, because that's always what comes to mind about that place. :-) I'm sorry about all the mess. What an awful thing. I hope she gets better soon for both of your sakes.
Oh goodness, I am so sorry that the little one isn't feeling well. That would've been embarassing for me. But listen to this. I was on a blind date, and we were just stopping by burger king for a snack before the movies. When I thru up right in the middle of the dinning room. I just wanted to hide in the bathroom and call someone to come and get me.
Yep....It was Chuck-A-Rama!! HA! HA! I'd never have thought of that.
I am so sorry!! Cleaning up vomit is the WORST! I hope that R. feels better soon!
I think I would have started crying right there in the restaurant... :) Oh, how icky... - I can deal with diarrhea alright, but I can't stand throw up at all. I hope she starts feeling better soon!
Eww, you poor, poor woman!!
Post a Comment