Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Great State of Utah

Well, I'm here in Utah....finally! It only took us 10 days - ugh! Don't ask.... There were some very memorable moments during our travels. Like when Aurora sat down at a table with an older man in Wyoming at a Taco Bell and told him he looked like Santa Clause.

Now we're staying with friends of the family until we can solve our housing issue. It's been great! They are such a sweet couple and they've given us notice that we should make ourselves at home. Aurora has taken that advice to heart. Today she started exploring the bedrooms upstairs and asking the wife who had the "messy" bedroom. Then, she asked the husband which room he slept in and when he told her she got a thoughtful look on her face and then replied, "You sleep with your mom?" She's also started stashing her candy wrapper "collection" in Brother Memmott's office so that I won't throw them away and she's on first name basis with their dog, Daisy. Also, I think she's taken over the rocker upstairs as her own personal seat. Hopefully, she won't get us kicked out anytime soon. (Just kidding!)

So, tomorrow is another day of house hunting! Yippee! Wish us luck!

8 comments:

mindy said...

I'm so glad you made it to Utah!!! It sounds like you've had quite the adventure...Keep us posted---we've missed you!

M-Z-T said...

Glad to hear you made it here okay. Good luck on the house hunting! The Hubby and I are still on the fence about that right now.

ldsjaneite said...

I'm glad you got there safely. And I LOVE that you're staying with the Memmotts! I love them! I'm glad you're getting a chance to get to know them. They're like our pseudo-cousins! Hope you're kids will be able to hang out with their grandkids if possible. Third generation Tice-Memmott friendships would be awesome! Good luck with the house hounting. Let me know if you would like me to use my Search "skills." :-)

Anonymous said...

It was great to have you here! I bet the reunion with Andrew was sweet! I echo Mindy--keep us posted!!

Stefanie said...

Glad you made it- I've been thinking about you all. Hope you find a home soon!

SuburbiaMom said...

Good luck to you on the house hunting!! And, glad you made it in one piece.

Rachelle said...

sounds like the auction house fell through also? I am glad your family is back together again...I pray you find a home soon I know what it is like to live in another persons home and no matter how much you love the people and no matter how thankful you are for the place to stay...it stinks.

Micaela said...

Oh, good! I'm glad that you guys got there safely! That's crazy how much it snowed in Denver the night you got there!! And I hope that none of you got sick because of me. It was nice to have you guys be able to visit for a little bit and that you were able to get some "rest" ;). Good luck with the house!