I have been packing and packing and packing until I hear tape being ripped in my sleep. My fingers are dried out and I'm having nightmares about boxes chasing me.......My only consolation is that I don't have to unload the truck when it arrives in Utah!!!
We will be leisurely making our way across the country in a few days. I can't believe the day is finally here! We leave Saturday morning with stops planned in West Virginia, Indiana, Nebraska and Colorado. I only hope my nerves survive 5 days of driving with all 3 kids. Thank goodness my mother-in-law is here helping and planning on driving with us. She's lucky though - if she takes out her hearing aids she won't hear the kids screaming in the car. Well, she'll probably hear them, but not as loud as I will. Maybe I'll stock up on cotton balls and just stuff them in there for a few hours everyday. Any other suggestions (no murdering, please)? :)
Wish us luck on our "happy" trek to Utah!!!
Christmas 2025!
8 months ago

7 comments:
I'm sure your plans are already made, but if you want to stop and stay over a night in Ohio to break your trip up some more feel free! We have lots of room. Have a safe trip either way!
Good luck! Be safe! And have some fun--I always loved our cross country trips! I was a little younger than Aurora when I (with the family) first moved. That was about the point in my life when the memories from then on were fairly prominent and logical. If you know what I mean. I remember the drive very well, too. So at least for her she may see this as very memorable!
Also, Colorado? Do you know someone there? 'Cause there is always Cheyenne Wyoming! Unless you've already checked with the family there.
Cotton balls sound nice. Duck-taping their mouths always works, too. We always make the kids move around a lot during the short potty breaks--things like hopping on one leg all the way to the bathroom, jumping, skipping, galloping, jumping jacks, stretching, etc... just so that they get a little bit of those wiggles out.
In the midst of all your busyness you still manage to keep changing your blog templates! Wow, woman!
Happy safe driving Nancy, and I'll see you next week!!!
I'm so glad Mom's there to help you out! She was a life saver when she drove with me from CA to DE. Do you have an iPod or something like that? That way you can at least put in some music that's closer to your ears and might be more soothing. :) Good luck! It's not easy traveling with the kids. I can't wait to see you guys and I'm sure that it will be nice to rest for a day- we have a nice big hill in our backyard to wear them out with and the playground's just a couple hundred feet away :).
Good luck Nancy. It makes me so happy knowing you're on your way back to be with Andrew! I bet he's so excited he can barely stand it!!!
ooooh so happy for you to be making your way back to Andrew. good luck. We will be making that trip this Summer out to Arizona. Cotton Balls sound like a very good idea.
Post a Comment