Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Boring Mommy

I usually pack some treats, like Life Savers and Dum Dums, for the kids on Sunday. I haul them out at the end of Sacrament Meeting when the kids start to get restless. Works great for that 10-15 minutes right before the end...you know, when all the adults have fallen asleep.

So, today I gave Jesse the "mystery flavor" Dum Dum and it ended up being one of his favorites - Cherry! He was so excited, especially because it matched the sweater he was wearing. "Look, Mommy, I match my sucker. Isn't that awesome? And Regan matches it too with her red dress," he said excitedly. This was very cool! Then, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, and you're wearing (he said still excitedly) ... uhhh (not so excitedly now) .... black (sounding grossed out now) .... and it's .... boring." The couple behind me, who have witnessed my exhaustion during Sacrament Meeting for months, couldn't contain their laughing. Gee, it's so nice entertaining the natives! I'll have to remember to wear cherry red the next time.

Next Clue for Andrew:
4. Come join the James Gang at their speak-easy headquarters.

3 comments:

mindy said...

I don't think you're boring Nancy:)

Rachelle said...

I have seen you brave sunday services alone now for quite some time and I think that if I were in your shoes my kids would not be calling me borring...I think mean, grumpy, edgy, and moddy would probably better describe me. You don't need to wear bright red for me to think you are amazing!

Anonymous said...

That's cute!! Anyone who can put together such beautiful blogs can't possibly be boring.