Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wake Up Call

I used to get a wake up call from my 2 oldest kids every morning in the form of yelling in my ear, "Mommy, wake up!" (said in a singing voice). They are like little drill sargeants. I tell them, "It's too early..." Why do I even try? They reply, "But the sun's up!!! Come on Mommy!" and then they just generally whine until I get up.

This continued for weeks.....But HALLELUJAH!!!! Today they stomped into my room, hand-in-hand, to face the monster (that would be me in the morning). "Mommy, wake up!" (still with the singing voice - how do they learn that?) And I said, "Why don't you guys go to Aurora's room and watch a movie and play?" And do you know what happened? They AGREED!!! It's 8:45AM and they are still in that room playing and watching movies......Has someone kidnapped my kids and replaced them with obedient robots? This is the best morning EVER!!

Now if only I can convince my 10-month old to do the same, but she kinda has a thing for her bottle in the morning. Separate the two and I'm toast!

4 comments:

Micaela said...

UGH! I hate the "wake-up call"! Usually, it's Stephen, kicking the door and yelling my name... :P It's so nice to have a morning when they don't need you to be there with them!

Molly said...

So this is what I have to look forward to :)

Kristina said...

Kanayla eventually gave up on the wake up call, but Xavien is still persistent! :) At least you know you aren't the only 'monster' being woken up by their kids in the morning. (ie. me) Even Matthew is afraid to wake me up in the morning! LOL!

mindy said...

my kids don't wake me up anymore...now I'm the monster waking THEM up!