I always say prayer individually with my kids before they go to bed. Jesse, my 3-year-old, doesn't like to say his prayers anymore. He used to love it! I guess he's too grown up now. I try to encourage him by starting it and then waiting for him to continue. I think he knows what I'm trying to do and he's already starting to rebel at the tender age of 3. Here was our prayer tonight:
Mom: "Dear Heavenly Father...."
Jesse: "thank you for this day. In the name of Jesus...." (very fast)
Mom: "THANK you for our blessings."
Jesse: sighhhhhh...."in the name of Jesus....." (very fast again)
Mom: "PLEASE bless Daddy in Utah."
Jesse: sighhhhh/moan....."in the name of Jesus Christ...." (very fast yet again)
Mom: (trying not to laugh) "PLEASE help us to sell our home soon."
Jesse: SIGHHHHH & head shaking..... "in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen" (very, very fast)
Mom: "Please bless Jesse James that he will sleep well tonight. In the...."
Jesse: SIGHHHHH & more head shaking.... "NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, AMEN!!!" (very, very, very fast as if he's afraid I'll start all over again)
It was too cute....I hope he didn't see me laughing. I tried to hold it in until I left the room. I think I'm going to have to practice more with him soon. Maybe Heavenly Father has a sense of humor too.
Christmas 2025!
8 months ago

4 comments:
Hilarious! Like father, like son! Just kidding :)
That's funny!! I have the opposite problem, I have to jump in with the "in the name of Jesus Christ..." otherwise I'm there FOREVER!
Very cute! We loved having Jesse stay with us for a few days a while back. It makes me feel like I know your kids a little better---we NEVER stopped laughing and taking pictures of them!
Hi Nancy!!
Becca told me about your blog, I hope you don't mind!
This post is too cute, your kids sound cute!!
Post a Comment