Thursday, September 25, 2008

Play Date

I took the kids to the park today for a play date with some other mother's in the ward. We just started up again when school started and we meet every Thursday. This was the first time I'd been able to get out to one. They always happen during Regan's morning nap, but she was up this morning so I thought, what the heck? Let's get ready and go.

I was the only mother there with THREE kids (all under the age of 4, I remind you!), and it was a nightmare running from slide to swing to monkey bars to stroller and then back all over again. I think I lost 10 pounds just from all the runnning. Who thought these play dates were fun? At one point I had all three of the kids in swings and as I started down the line (push, move to the right, push, move to the right, push, all the way back again) I felt like the human version of a robot. I looked around at all the other mothers, sitting and talking, and I felt like maybe play dates just don't work when you have more than 1 child with you. I guess I should've read the fine print before I packed everyone up. At least I got the exercise, right?

3 comments:

Molly said...

Awww, poor thing.... I was going to go to a play group tomorrow but won't be able to. See blog for details.

mindy said...

play groups are like vacations--- when you get back from one, you seem more exhausted than before you went. It makes you wonder if it was worth it to go in the first place...

Micaela said...

lol. I did the same thing when either Ashelyn or Stephen were just getting mobile. Now I'm one of those moms that just sits back and watches the kids play while I talk to the other moms. I think that I will join the ranks of "Exhausted Moms at Playgroups" again when Samuel decides to start walking :).