Friday, September 19, 2008

Creating a Masterpiece

Birthday parties are so much fun when you are little. My son, Jesse, just had his 3rd birthday (he's been telling everyone he's 3 for a year already) and he wanted to Cars cake...you know, Lightning McQueen. It took me a total of 5 hours to make this cake. This includes the time it took to make SEVEN DIFFERENT colors of frosting and cleaning up the mess afterwards. Seven coffee mugs later, this is what I used to mix the colors in - not what I was drinking, my counter tops were marbled (red predominately) and my hands and face looked like a clown attacked me. The icing was already drying out and I had to rearrange my entire refrigerator to make room for this infamous cake. Jesse ooohed and aaahed.....and then he and his sister gobbled up half of it in one sitting. Their tongues and lips (and fingers and nose and even a few eyebrows) were bright red and crumbles of cake could be seen in their hair and as I watched in awe I thought to myself.....This was totally worth it!!!!

5 comments:

mindy said...

Wow! It looks too good to eat!

ldsjaneite said...

I am highly, highly impressed! You are so creative and patient!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed!! I would have given up and made a trip to Walmart!!

Anonymous said...

That was me! (the Walmart thing)

Nancy said...

It probably would have been easier to go to Walmart, but I wanted to see if I could do it. HA!