Friday, February 19, 2010

Tale of the Toothless Girl


Okay! So who was supposed to tell me that kids start losing their teeth around 5 years old? Because that person really messed up! I thought I had a few more years still to go. I'm not ready for this - all the blood and pain and MEMORIES of having my teeth pulled, etc. Seriously, I need more time....

Yeah, I had to pull that teeny little bottom tooth this morning over a bowl of Frosted Flakes, screaming, and tears (the bowl of cereal was Aurora's, tears and screaming were me). Well, actually all I really had to do was grab it and it just sort of fell out, but it was still traumatic for me. Next time Andrew will have to do the honors. I just can't handle this!

So, I guess the Tooth Fairy is coming tonight! Now, what am I supposed to do with that bloody tooth? Seriously, it's still bloody. I even tried to wash it....

8 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

Guess I assumed you knew that....
Cute blog template!!

LaDawn Tice said...

You are braver than me. I refused to touch any of them. When I taught school the kids were always coming to me to show me their loose teeth. I told them to close their mouths and go away. I can't stand to see it. Surprisingly I worked for Dr. Christian for awhile. Having to throw away the teeth he pulled was just plain gross!!

Anonymous said...

How fun for Aurora! Sorry it was such a surprise. Elizabeth has ALL of her teeth that she has lost! With Derek and Riley the tooth fairy took them with her. I hope you have time to get over the ordeal before another one gets loose! HA!

Becca and fam said...

LOL! You are cracking me up! I must be a real meanie because it doesn't bother me at all to pull Lizzy's teeth. You're just super nice and sweet - wish I were more like you!!!

ldsjaneite said...

I was going to say that Mom just told us to wiggle them ourselves and take care of the teeth. I didn't know until now it was because it grossed her out. It grossed me out, too! :-) Especially my last baby tooth--came out in 3 pieces over 12 hours. THAT was gross!

I wonder how long the tooth fairy will last in your home. When I got a quarter for my first tooth, I went in to newspapers the next day all excited about it. And Andrew said "You silly--that was K." Maybe he was trying to save her money. :-)

Good luck with...all the rest!

Jennifer said...

It doesn't gross me out to pull them, but I never do. I just wait for nature to take it's course. LOL They eventually fall out with the child wiggling them enough. ;)

Micaela said...

Congratulations to Aurora! Ashelyn was SO excited when her first one came out- at the end of Kindergarten. I always thought I started losing my teeth in 2nd grade, so I was a bit surprised too. :) It kind of grossed me out at first, but I think it's kind of fun to pull them out now. I know, I'm just a little strange... :)

Shayla Shumaker said...

Yay! I am so glad I have your blog address! Your family is adorable and I love you all!