Well, I wasn't expecting all this snow! I found out yesterday at church that we were going to get a lot. Good thing I didn't need any milk, etc. No wonder I saw people buying shovels when I went shopping Saturday. I thought there was just a big steal on shovels or else everyone was just crazy to be buying shovels in March...NOW I understand.
Of course, the kids just HAD to go out and play. They didn't stay out very long though. Jesse kept falling down and at one point just decided that it was easier to crawl instead of walking. The snow was still coming down and blowing around everywhere and he kept yelling, "Mommy, help me! I can't stand up!" as he tried one more time to stand up and fell over. I just stood inside the warm house laughing.....I know, call me mean, but I wasn't going to go out in that stuff. He was the one that insisted. Aurora had more success, but even she said that she was freezing after a few minutes. So, after all that work to get them ready to go out in the snow, they spent a total of 5 minutes tripping and freezing. Ahhhh...the memories!!

4 comments:
Ha ha ha. You all got a LOT more snow than we did down here. I'm just happy we actually got something that not only fell, but stuck AND covered the ground completely. Amazing. Still didn't close the library....
Nancy, we didn't get any snow here at all. So hopefully the roads will be fine for travelling tomorrow. I always hated that it took more time to get the kids bundled up to play outside, then the actual playing outside...:)
Stephen likes to stay out for only about 10 minutes, but Ashelyn could stay out there for forever if I let her, even with her soaking wet gloves. I guess it helps that she has boots and snow pants... :) Hope it goes away soon-I'm not a huge fan of snow either!
We don't have anything right now on the valley floor. The mountains are still covered in it, but I'm happy there isn't anything around here. 50 degrees and overcast . . . ahh, perfect.
Post a Comment